Stampin' Up! is encouraging demonstrators to arrange an event to participate in a fun weekend called Christmas Cheer from 1st through to 3rd December 2017. The aim of the event is to make 10,000 Christmas cards to raise money for the Ronald Macdonald House Charities in the UK.
Crafty Little Things is registered to host an event!
Ours is a card making speed challenge which will be held on Saturday 2nd December . It's an event with a little twist ... because we operate online we wanted to do something to combine in-person group crafting and the online community, bringing the two together in one space and time! How techno are we?!
Everyone who attends the event in my home not only gets to experience the Crafty Little Things Craft room in all its glory first hand but will have card components provided which include card blanks, a Christmas DSP mat, a stamped sentiment, embellishments and an envelope.
At a set time the clock will start and everyone will have 15 minutes in which to make as many of the cards as possible. We will film the chaos and will broadcast on my social media accounts. Anyone wishing to join in who can not make it to the event is welcome to join in via Skype.
We will have two accounts open so we can host up to 8 Skype callers who will be able to see the craft table and the crafters in my home working on the challenge. Of course the crafters in my home will be able to see the Skype callers too as we will be projecting them life size into the room!
We already have 4 people signed up to participate via Skype and two of those will have a couple of friends with them participating in the challenge and we have just 1 space left out of 6 in my home. So although I'm not expecting them to all be filled it will be on a first come first served basis with a waiting list should one be required. This means there is only 1 home space left but plenty of Skype space remaining.
At the end of 15 minutes we will tally up who has made the most cards and that person will receive a special hand made prize from myself. The card design will be very simple so don't worry you don't need major skills.
Anyone attending my home for the challenge will have materials provided free of charge but I am asking that anyone who is joining in via Skype pays for a pack of materials to cover my costs OR they can use their own Stampin' Up! supplies if they have them. The card design will be published on my blog before the event to give time to get the correct supplies together.
You must let me know if you are interested in joining in with this fun event for a great cause no later than 31st October 2017 to allow me to ensure I get the packs and card design to you in good time for the event.
If you would like a pack sending out there will be enough to make 40 cards or 20 cards you choose the pack size you require and how many you require if you will have more than one crafter with you.
40 card packs cost £20.00 and include:
- 40card blanks
- 40 envelopes
- 40 DSP mats
- 40 Sentiments
- 40 Embellishments
- 40 Card self-adhesive sellophane card protectors
- Addressed postage bag for forwarding completed cards
If you are interested and want more information comment below or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark it Christmas Cheer Event. You do not have to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator or customer to take part but must use the kits we provide and must use required adhesives. If you want to give it some thought, keep us in mind and watch out for our event flyers and reminders.
Thank you for dropping in and even if you do not want to join in I hope that you find a suitable Stampin' Up! event to join in with or an alternative charity event to give something back to those in need this Christmas. I am sure there will be tons of events happening across the UK as Stampin' Up! Demonstrators prepare to work to help Stampin' Up!'s amazing nominated charity.
Some important small print
- Adhesives will be supplied at the home event but other participants will be required to buy their own Stampin' Up! products which I can supply.
- Start time of the event will be confirmed nearer the date trying to take all interested participants wishes into account.
- Each person/group of people is responsible for the cost of postage of the packs plus onward postage of the finished cards
- Crafty Little Things is making no profit from this event
- Any left overs on the day of the challenge should be made up after the 15 minutes and included in the total.
- It will be announced how many cards our event made in total at the end of the 15 minutes to all participants and this will then be announced in a blog post and on my social media where we shall also announce the final total if cards were made after the 15 minutes.
- You can join in as an individual person or as a group of people linking up with this event
- You do not have to join in by Skype you can listen in on a phone call if you wish or you can join us via live stream from Faceboook.
- Any participant not wishing to appear on any social media will have their wishes respected
- All participants will sign a legally binding declaration when purchasing packs to state that they will submit all cards made using the pack to the charity event according to the directions provided by Crafty Little Things within the expressly stated time frame
- Food and drinks will be provided at the home event free of charge